Among the category of flange fittings (or flange adapters) are flanges plugs, which are used to cap off or block the flow in the pipe. Flange plugs are basically a flange without a center hole which closes the end of a pipe when bolted to a standard mating flange. Depending on the system requirements, these plugs are typically gas or liquid tight. For gray water subsurface irrigation they are sometimes used to force waste through perforated holes in the pipe, driven by system pressure.
This blog is an excerpt from our latest whitepaper, The Major Advantages of Flanges and Flange Fittings.
Primary Sources Include:
- EXPLORE the WORLD of PIPING
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics 1
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics 2
- Mechanical Contracting Education & Research Foundation
- Mobile Hydraulic Tips
- The Fluid Power Safety Institute™